SSJYSL's 2021 Recreational program
Recreational soccer provides a safe and fun environment for players of all ages to enjoy the beautiful game. Recreational soccer is non-exclusionary; all players who register are accepted and assigned to a team regardless of prior experience or skill level.
Practices are held twice a week and run between 1-1½ hour per day. Practice field and time is left up to each individual coach. Teams will have one game each week on Saturdays and will play in an 8-10 week season. Older age groups might have games in house or against local travel teams. You may request to play with a friend if they are in the same age group/gender. NO REQUESTS ARE GUARANTEED.
Our rec teams are coached by volunteers - usually parents - who participate in a coaching clinic sponsored by the league prior to the season.
Age Groups - Player age group is based on the following age chart:
- U8 (U7 & U8) - 01/01/2014 - 12/31/2015
- U10 (U9 & U10) - 01/01/2012 - 12/31/2013
- U12 (U11 & U12) - 01/01/2010 - 12/31/2011
- U14 (U13 & U14)- 01/01/2008 - 12/31/2009
Fall 2021 Program Dates
August 29 - November 13
Teams will be formed and finalized by August 21st and Coaches will start contacting families by August 23rd to communicate practice times/locations. Practices will begin the week of August 29th, with the first games played on Saturday, September 11th. The last day for Recreational games will be November 6th (for the U6 & U8 teams) and November 13th (for the U10, U12 and U14 teams).
SSJYSL Opening Day will be on September 12th, which includes team pictures and a welcome back celebration!
- June 27th - July 10th -Early Bird Registration $202.50
- July 11th - August 7th - Standard Registration $225.00
- August 8th - August 14st- Late Registration $275.00 (this includes a late processing fee of $50) **Please note that late registrants will be accepted and placed on a "wait list". Families will be notified no later than August 23rd if placed on a team.**
Fee includes: uniform, team photo and end of season award.
Our Fall Registration is currently closed.
For questions regarding registration, please contact our Registrar, Kim Pifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Volunteer coaches are needed. Our Recreational program success relies on our volunteer coaches. If you would like to consider coaching, please use the following link to register as a coach for your child’s team. All Coaches and Assistant Coaches are required to be fingerprinted prior to the beginning of the season. Please contact the Registrar for details.