SSJYSL's 2022 Recreational program
Recreational soccer provides a safe and fun environment for players of all ages to enjoy the beautiful game. Recreational soccer is non-exclusionary; all players who register are accepted and assigned to a team regardless of prior experience or skill level.
Practices are held twice a week and run between 1-1½ hour per day. Practice field and time is left up to each individual coach. Teams will have one game each week on Saturdays and will play in an 8-10 week season. Older age groups might have games in house or against local travel teams. You may request to play with a friend if they are in the same age group/gender. NO REQUESTS ARE GUARANTEED.
Our rec teams are coached by volunteers - usually parents - who participate in a coaching clinic sponsored by the league prior to the season.
Age Groups - Player age group is based on the following age chart:
- U8 (U7 & U8) - 01/01/2015 - 12/31/2016
- U10 (U9 & U10) - 01/01/2013 - 12/31/2014
- U12 (U11 & U12) - 01/01/2011 - 12/31/2012
- U14 (U13 & U14) - 01/01/2009 - 12/31/2010
- U16 (U15 & U16) - 01/01/2007 - 12/31/2008
Fall 2022 Program Dates
August 29, 2022 - November 5, 2022
Teams will be formed and finalized by August 19th and Coaches will start contacting families by August 22nd to communicate practice times/locations. Practices will begin the week of August 29th, with the first games played on Saturday, September 10th. The last day for Recreational games will be November 5th.
- May 22nd - June 12th-Early Bird Registration $215
- June 13th - July 24th - Standard Registration $240.00
- July 25th - August 7th- Late Registration $300 (this includes a late processing fee of $60) **Please note that late registrants will be accepted and placed on a "wait list". Families will be notified no later than August 20th if we are unable to place them on a team.**
Fee includes: uniform, team picture and end of season award.
Registration is CLOSED for our Recreational Fall 2022 season. If you would like to sign up for our Interest Registration, please go to the following link and if a spot becomes available, we will notify you: Interest Registration
For questions regarding registration, please contact our Registrar: Kim Pifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Volunteer coaches are needed. Our Recreational program success relies on our volunteer coaches. If you would like to consider coaching, please use the following link to register as a coach for your child’s team. All Coaches and Assistant Coaches are required to be fingerprinted prior to the beginning of the season. Please contact our Recreational Director (Troy Simons) for more details at email@example.com.
Register Here to be one of our Volunteer Coaches: Volunteer to Coach