SSJYSL’s 2021/2022 Academy program
SSJ Academy is for players with a birth year between 2014 and 2006 (U7 - U15). Our players are evaluated and selected for South San Jose Academy teams primarily throughout the season and at open tryouts where our professional coaching staff will assess players on the following criteria:
- Mental strength (player focus, attitude and effort demonstrated)
- Physical ability (speed, athleticism, agility and endurance)
- Technical competence (ball skills)
- Tactical awareness (offense and defensive skills in game situations)
Player Development – Academy Teams
SSJ Academy is pleased to offer a comprehensive developmental and training environment for our players. Academy practices will occur at Patty O’Malley field on Tuesday and/or Thursday evenings and on other community fields as they become available.
Wherever practicable, team rosters will align with a single birth year (i.e. 2010s, 2011s).
Program Fees for Academy Teams
SSJYSL is committed to providing programs and opportunities for all families within its community. We strive to continue to be the organization that provides its families with the best value.
The Academy program fees for Fall 2021/Spring 2022 are $1850 per player (which can be paid in full or paid in 8 installments) and are inclusive of:
- Team training during the Fall/Spring
- Professional coaching fees associated with team training and all league games
- League registration fees (CYSA or NorCal Premier) and all Fall/Spring league games
- All league game field usage, field maintenance and field equipment fees (Note: there may be additional cost incurred for practices held on turf fields)
- Referee fees, for all league home games
- General costs of operating the league
Should the public health conditions dictate a prolonged stoppage of activity, appropriate credits for the next season will be provided.
If financial assistance is needed, an application will be available under the Resources tab, or you can contact Kim Pifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SSJ Academy Leadership Team
Academy Director - Mark Landefeld email@example.com
League President - Hayden Dunn firstname.lastname@example.org
League Registrar - Kim Pifer email@example.com