SSJYSL’s 2021 Academy program
SSJ Academy is for players with a birth year between 2014 and 2006 (U7 - U15). Our players are evaluated and selected for South San Jose Academy teams primarily throughout the season and at open tryouts where our professional coaching staff will assess players on the following criteria:
- Mental strength (player focus, attitude and effort demonstrated)
- Physical ability (speed, athleticism, agility and endurance)
- Technical competence (ball skills)
- Tactical awareness (offense and defensive skills in game situations)
Player Development – Academy Teams
SSJ Academy is pleased to offer a comprehensive developmental and training environment for our players. For the 2021 Spring season, we plan on 20-25 practices, all delivered by Academy coaches. Academy practices will occur at Patty O’Malley field on Tuesday and/or Thursday evenings and on other community fields as they become available.
Current restriction on field permits mean that training will initially take place in two-year age groups (2014-2013) with teams to be formed by the end of March. Wherever practicable, team rosters will align with a single birth year (i.e. 2010s, 2011s).
All returning Academy players who commit and pay the Club Fee by March 22 will be guaranteed a spot on an Academy Team.
All Academy players will start Return-to-Play training by March 9th and finish at the end of the spring season. Team practices will then continue through the end of the spring season (projected May 31st). After a re-socialization and conditioning period, a projected 5-6 game season will commence in Mid-April. During this time frame each team will have two weekly team practices.
Program Fees for Academy Teams
SSJYSL is committed to providing programs and opportunities for all families within its community. We strive to continue to be the organization that provides its families with the best value.
The Spring Academy program fees for Spring 2021 are $650 per player and are inclusive of:
- Team training during the Spring
- Professional coaching fees associated with team training and all league games
- League registration fees (CYSA or NorCal Premier) and all Spring league games
- All league game field usage, field maintenance and field equipment fees (Note: there may be additional cost incurred for practices held on turf fields)
- Referee fees, for all league home games
- General costs of operating the league
Fees are split into two categories, Club fees (Registration) – and Training fees.
Spring Training Fees are $400 and the Club fee is $250
The Training fees will be collected in two monthly installments of $200 on April 1st and May 1st.
Should the public health conditions dictate a prolonged stoppage of activity, appropriate credits for the next season will be provided.
If financial assistance is needed, an application will be available under the Resources tab, or you can contact Kim Pifer at email@example.com.
SSJ Academy Leadership Team
Academy Director - Mark Landefeld firstname.lastname@example.org
League President - Hayden Dunn email@example.com
League Registrar - Kim Pifer firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive Director - Rich Sieber email@example.com