Getting started on the right foot!
Kids learn best when they are having fun, and Kickstarters delivers just that!
Kickstarters is designed for boys and girls born between 01/01/2015 and 06/30/2016.
Our program draws on the research-based principles outlined by US Soccer. Players develop skills while playing games that require each of them to have a ball at their feet for most of the training sessions, and more touches on the ball = more skill development!
- Flexible practice times making it easier to fit your schedule
- Licensed Professional Trainers
- Standardized Age Appropriate Curriculum and Training Methodology
- Focus on Individual Skill Development (while having fun)
- Parent Participation opportunities
Kickstarters consists of two practice sessions during the week and a “game” on Saturday.
Practice days will be Mon/Wed or Tue/Thu. Practice times are 4:30-5:30 or 5:30-6:30.
If you have a preference, please note this on your registration form or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request to play with a friend if they are in the same age group. Kickstarters is Coed. NO REQUESTS ARE GUARANTEED
We will create teams with no more than 8 on a team. While each team will have a volunteer coach for game days, all practices are run by our licensed, professional training staff alongside the coach and use standard, age-appropriate curriculum.
On Game Days, each team will play small sided games against another SSJ team that will allow them to show off their skills and start to develop the understanding and intuition needed to be ultimately successful.
There are no referees at this age. By having small sided games, the players will have more touches on the ball, make decisions, evaluate the results of those decisions, and over time will develop a solid understanding of the tactical aspects of the game.
- Team Coach - serving as the registered head coach. All coaches must pass a fingerprint check.
- Assistant Coach - one registered assistant coach to assist coach. Must pass fingerprint check.
- Team Parent - organizes snack schedule, end of season party and communications to the team.
July 1st - July 19th - Early Bird Registration (10% discount)
July 20th - August 9th - Standard Registration
August 10th - August 21st - Late Registration will be accepted and placed on a "wait list". Families will be notified no later than August 23rd if placed on a team. *** (Late processing fee of $50.00 will apply ) ***
Practices for the season will start the week of September 7th. Games will start the weekend of September 19th/20th and finish on November 14th. Fee for the Fall season is $190.00 for all ages (Early bird discount of 10% available if you sign up before July 19th). Fee includes: uniform, league trademark item and end of season award. No Refunds after August 15th, 2020.
Recreational Soccer & Camps
Due to current COVID-19 regulations we are unable offer a Fall program like we have done in the past. While following all local and state guidelines, this season we will be offering a series of 3-week clinics where players will have a training session with a professional trainer. With all schools going to distance learning, this will be a great way for kids to get outside, socialize (at a safe distance), and get some exercise in. Soccer ability is NOT a requirement for this program, we will make it fun and suitable for all levels. To comply with all local, and state COVID guidelines, we cannot have traditional games or scrimmages, there are also a few restrictions that will limit us to the number of participants we can take. Space will be limited!
- The camp will run 3 consecutive weeks
- The same 12 players together for the 3 weeks
- We are limited by the number of players/Trainer that can be at the field at the same time
- We must have a minimum of 6 per group
For these reasons, space will be limited and camp times are different for each age group.
Please use the following link to register for the weekend sessions: Weekend Recreational Camp-Session 2
The total cost is $80 for a Saturday OR Sunday
If you wish to register for Saturdays AND Sundays, the fee is $140
– A one-time $35 registration fee for the league to cover insurance will also be required if you have previously NOT attended/registered for one of our Fall camp sessions.
Saturdays November 7th, 14th and 21st
Sundays November 8th, 15th and 22nd
- U5/U6/U7/U8 Boys & Girls (2013-2016): Saturdays 9:00am – 10:15am
- U9/U10/U11/U12 Boys & Girls (2009-2012): Saturdays 10:30am – 11:45am
- U6/U7/U8 Boys & Girls (2013-2016): Sundays 9:00am – 10:15am
- U9/U10/U11/U12 Boys & Girls (2009-2012): Sundays 10:30am – 11:45am
Patty O’Malley Fields Sports Complex 5612-5620 Santa Teresa Blvd, San Jose, CA 95123
What procedures will you take to make sure my kid(s) is safe?
We have an extensive overview of the guidelines and requirements to make this camp safe for all players and Trainers. These guidelines were sent to the city and county and are approved.
What exactly will my kid(s) be doing during this camp?
For the younger players, Our Qualified Trainer will be working with the players to create a high energy environment and have lots of fun while challenging players with different ball manipulation skills, dribbling and competitions each day. For the older players, the Qualified Trainer will be working through different skills to help develop players’ ball mastery and overall fitness.
For additional questions about our Recreational Program, please contact our Recreational Director (Julio Romo) at email@example.com.
SSJ Academy is pleased to offer a comprehensive developmental and training environment for our players. During the competitive season, our teams will train up to 3 times per week, inclusive of age group and team training sessions (1.5 hours each in length) all delivered by Academy coaches.
All players will go through a tryout process and be chosen by the Academy Staff. Once chosen, players will need to register online by due date to hold their spot on the team.
Program Fees for Academy Teams
SSJYSL is committed to providing programs and opportunities for all families within its community. We strive to continue to be the organization that provides its families with the best value.
The annual Academy program fees for Spring/Fall 2020 are $1,750 per player and are inclusive of:
- Team training during the defined Fall and Spring seasons.
- Professional coaching fees associated with team training and all league games
- League registration fees (CYSA or NorCal Premier) and all Spring/Fall league games
- All league game field usage, field maintenance and field equipment fees (Note: there may be additional cost incurred for extra practices held on turf fields)
- Referee fees for all league home games
- General costs of operating the league
- $250 towards a tournament entrance fee per team per season