Recreational Teams get their kit (uniform) from the league and do not have to buy their own. It includes blue socks, blue shorts, and two jersies (home and away). Neither shoes nor shin guards are provided by the league and are each players responsibility and a requirement to practice and play.
Competitive teams are required to use the SSJYSL uniform standard. The following standards must be met to play in SSJYSL and receive the uniform rebate. Failure to meet these conditions will result in the League NOT REIMBURSING teams for their uniform choices.
Starting in Fall 2012, all competitive teams are required to wear Adidas Tiro 11 uniforms with Adidas (NCAA)Formotion Elite socks.
- Uniforms must be in league colors which are royal blue, white and gold. Any combination of these colors may be used.
- The SSJYSL league logo MUST appear on the left chest of the jersey. It may be printed in royal blue, white or gold.
- (Logo is on file with Asby Sports on Capitol Ave)
- Asby Sports provides a substantial discount on WHOLE TEAM uniform orders. Contact Ricardo for details (408-259-6770)
- Player numbers must be printed in royal blue, white or gold.
- Socks must be royal blue, gold or white or a combination of these colors.
We use 8" numbers on the jerseys (royal numbers on white or gold jerseys, white or gold numbers on royal jerseys). You can also put 4" numbers on your shorts if you want .
IMPORTANT: If you have a question about our league standards, contact the Equipment Director BEFORE you make your purchase. S/he can be reached via email at email@example.com. Failure to do so will result in no reimbursement for uniforms not meeting standards.
League discounts offered at Asby Sports
Asby Sports located at 392 North Capitol Avenue (408/259-6770) is our official uniform provider and will provide discounts to teams purchasing uniforms and other equipment.
Be sure to tell them you are with SSJYSL.
Uniform ReimbursementAll comp teams that comply with the uniform policy outlined above qualify for a $30 per player per year reimbursement. Please fill out the Uniform Reimbursement Form and mail it in by the end for the Fall season (no later than Dec. 15).