Getting started on the right foot!
Kids learn best when they are having fun, and Kickstarters delivers just that!
Kickstarters is designed for boys and girls born between 01/01/2014 and 06/30/2015.
Our program draws on the research-based principles outlined by US Soccer. Players develop skills while playing games that require each of them to have a ball at their feet for most of the training sessions, and more touches on the ball = more skill development!
- Flexible practice times making it easier to fit your schedule
- Licensed Professional Trainers
- Standardized Age Appropriate Curriculum and Training Methodology
- Focus on Individual Skill Development (while having fun)
- Parent Participation opportunities
Kickstarters consists of two practice sessions during the week and a “game” on Saturday.
Practice days will be Mon/Wed or Tue/Thu. Practice times are 4:30-5:30 or 5:30-6:30.
If you have a preference, please note this on your registration form or email email@example.com. You may request to play with a friend if they are in the same age group. Kickstarters is Coed. NO REQUESTS ARE GUARANTEED
We will create teams with no more than 12 on a team. While each team will have a volunteer coach for game days, all practices are run by our licensed, professional training staff alongside the coach and use standard, age-appropriate curriculum.
On Game Days, each team will play small sided games against another SSJ team that will allow them to show off their skills and start to develop the understanding and intuition needed to be ultimately successful.
There are no referees at this age. By having small sided games, the players will have more touches on the ball, make decisions, evaluate the results of those decisions, and over time will develop a solid understanding of the tactical aspects of the game.
- Team Coach - serving as the registered head coach. All coaches must pass a fingerprint check.
- Assistant Coach - one registered assistant coach to assist coach. Must pass fingerprint check.
- Team Parent - organizes snack schedule, end of season party and communications to the team.
December 15th - January 12th - Early Bird Registration (10% discount)
January 13th - February 22nd - Standard Registration
February 23rd - February 29th - Late Registration will be accepted and placed on a "wait list". Families will be notified no later than March 7th if placed on a team. *** (Late processing fee of $25.00 will apply ) ***
Practices for the season will start the week of March 15th. Games will start the weekend of March 28th/29th and finish on June 7th. Fee for the Spring season is $190.00 for all ages (Early bird discount of 10% available if you sign up before January 13th). Fee includes: uniform, league trademark item and end of season award. No Refunds after March 1st, 2020.
Recreational soccer provides a safe and fun environment for players of all ages to enjoy the beautiful game. Recreational soccer is non-exclusionary; all players who register are accepted and assigned to a team regardless of prior experience or skill level.
Practices are held twice a week. Practices run between 1-1½ hour per day. U8 teams practice at La Colina Park. All other practice field and time is left up to each individual coach. Teams will have one game each week on Saturdays starting March 28th. Each team will play in a 8-10 week season. Older age groups might have games in house or against local travel teams. You may request to play with a friend if they are in the same age group and gender team. NO REQUESTS ARE GUARANTEED.
Practices will begin the week of March 15th and end the beginning of June. Exact dates will be available once game schedules come out in March.
Our rec teams are coached by volunteers - usually parents - who participate in a coaching clinic sponsored by the league prior to the season. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our Recreational Soccer Director or Registrar. All coaches and asst. coaches will be required to get fingerprints done prior to the season. Contact registrar for details.
- December 15 - January 12th - Early Bird Registration (10% discount)
- January 13th - February 22nd - Standard Registration
- February 23rd - February 29th - Late Registration will be accepted and placed on a "wait list". Families will be notified no later than March 7th if placed on a team. *** (Late processing fee of $25.00 will apply ) ***
Age Groups - Player age group is based on the following age chart:
- U8 (U7 & U8) - 01/01/2012 - 12/31/2013
- U10 (U9 & U10) - 01/01/2010 - 12/31/2011
- U12 (U11 & U12) - 01/01/2008 - 12/31/2009
- U14 (U13 & U14)- 01/01/2006 - 12/31/2007
Fee for the Spring season is $190.00 for all ages. Fee includes: uniform, league trademark item and end of season award. No Refunds after March 1st, 2020.
SSJ Academy is pleased to offer a comprehensive developmental and training environment for our players. During the competitive season, our teams will train up to 3 times per week, inclusive of age group and team training sessions (1.5 hours each in length) all delivered by Academy coaches.
All players will go through a tryout process and be chosen by the Academy Staff. Once chosen, players will need to register online by due date to hold their spot on the team.
Program Fees for Academy Teams
SSJYSL is committed to providing programs and opportunities for all families within its community. We strive to continue to be the organization that provides its families with the best value.
The annual Academy program fees for Spring/Fall 2020 are $1,700 per player and are inclusive of:
- Team training during the defined Fall and Spring seasons.
- Professional coaching fees associated with team training and all league games
- League registration fees (CYSA or NorCal Premier) and all Spring/Fall league games
- All league game field usage, field maintenance and field equipment fees (Note: there may be additional cost incurred for extra practices held on turf fields)
- Referee fees for all league home games
- General costs of operating the league
- $250 towards a tournament entrance fee per team per season