SOUTH SAN JOSE YOUTH SOCCER LEAGUE
These guidelines apply to all competetive teams, players and coaches in SSJYSL. For questions about tryouts, contact Anh Nguyen, Competetive Director at email@example.com
1. All players interested in, but not yet on a competitive team, must participate in tryouts to be eligible for either Delgado or Abronzino leagues.
- At least one league-coordinated tryout (for U9 to U14 age groups) must take place. This session is intended to serve “walk-on” players. All Competitive Coaches are encouraged to participate in the league-coordinated tryout.
- In addition to that, all competitive teams must have at least two other public tryouts before a season. To have a tryout:
a. The Competitive Director must be notified before the tryout takes place.
b. The tryouts must be announced and posted on SSJYSL Website two weeks prior to the tryout.
- All Coaches must turn in the original attendance list of players from the tryout sessions to the Competitive Director no later than one week after the last tryout session.
- All Coaches must notify players if they will be invited to play on the team no later than two weeks after the last tryout session.
- All coaches shall have information available at tryouts that identifies estimated costs for participation on a team (this is to include uniform and equipment costs, registration and tournament fees, trainer and camp fees if applicable, etc.). A copy shall be sent to the Competitive Director.
- Violation of these guidelines may result in the coach being removed from coaching Competitive teams.